II‐VI Incorporated Announces Ultra‐Compact Optical Components and Amplification Solutions for CFP2‐ACO Transceivers
PITTSBURGH, December 15, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – II‐VI Incorporated (NASDAQ:IIVI), a leading provider of solutions for next generation optical networks, today announced a portfolio of ultra‐compact optical components that enable the emerging CFP2‐ACO (Analog Coherent Optics) pluggable transceiver form‐factor.
The CFP2‐ACO transceiver provides a cost‐effective solution for bandwidth upgrades of data center interconnects and metro/regional networks. This transceiver’s small form factor also increases system interconnect density.
II‐VI now offers a portfolio of small, hybrid and tunable optical components as well as optical amplification solutions that are designed to meet the compact physical requirements of CFP2‐ACO and other high density transceivers. These components boost optical signal strength, equalize the optical spectrum, maintain optical polarization states, filter out optical noise and prevent undesired optical reflections. The portfolio of ultra‐compact optical devices includes:
- 980 nm uncooled pump lasers in an 8‐pin mini‐DIL package
- Integrated isolator and gain flattening filter (IGFF) hybrid devices
- Integrated isolator and wavelength division multiplexer (IWDM) devices
- Tunable optical filters for optical noise suppression
- Prismatic polarization maintaining couplers
- Innovative miniaturized custom amplifiers
The portfolio of ultra‐compact components for CFP2‐ACO applications are Telcordia qualified and commercially available.